The Radio Society of Great Britain is the UKs national amateur radio organisation. They publish a monthly magazine - Radcom. Members are allowed to participate in the various radio contests organised by the RSGB.
The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.
Ofcom is the communications regulator in the UK. They regulate the radio spectrum, including that part used for the amateur bands.
Formed in 1974, the GQRP Club is a non profit organisation run entirely by volunteers to promote Low Power Radio operation.
Amateur Radio,Projects,Antenna Designs, Double Quad Beam,2m & 70cm SSB, Ham
Satellites,Card Making, Recipes,BNOS,Flowerpot Antenna.
MMSSTV Website http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php
QADV consists of multiple choice questions to help students revise for the Advanced exam that qualifies radio amateurs for a Full UK Licence. I hope the link is useful to those of you who are considering 'upgrading' their licence. It may also be of interest to Full Licence holders who wish to test their knowledge perhaps in particular to those returning to the hobby after a break.
TX Factor - Amateur Radio TV Programme (available via YouTube)
TX Factor is an established flagship programme - a series of HD TV shows dedicated entirely to amateur radio. TX Factor was launched in February 2014 and since then episodes have been viewed over 90,000 times.
Presenters explore the history of amateur radio, rigs, antennas, operating modes, propagation, sport radio, training, club news, RSGB news, world news - in fact, anything and everything!
TX Factor is a professionally produced programme presented by radio amateurs for radio amateurs - and here you can watch the latest episodes and find out what the TX Factor has to offer.
Decibel-Watt (dbW) conversion
Useful link to a site for the 'Rapid' conversion of power levels
This link gives the definition of dBW and a number of conversion calculators:
Click the abive link to view the PDF file.
The number of instances of interference from VDSL has increased over the last couple of years in the UK. To help amateurs to detect interference from VDSL the RSGB has drawn up a leaflet, the 15th in a series of EMC leaflets which the RSGB EMCC has produced.
The leaflet has been uploaded to this site by G4JKS in response to an action agreed at the first EMC Committee meeting at the Interim Meeting or Permanent Committees in Vienna on 16th to 17th April 2016.
Special prices for club members...
New antennas for sale to club members at heavily discounted prices from Den (G6PRL)
Contact Den direct on 07885 025052
X30 2/70 CoLinear @ £35
X50 2/70 CoLinear @ £45
V2000 2/6/70 Tri-Bander @ £69
Sirio 4 Metre J-Pole @ £45
Member suggested material and websites...
- Sid (M0SRS) has suggested another useful link, this time to some YouTube videos, "Basic Soldering Lesson 1 - "Solder & Flux" - YouTube - There are 7 or 8 linked videos worth watching." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIT4ra6Mo0s&list=PL926EC0F1F93C1837
- Sid (M0SRS) like many of us is plagued by local QRM, making operation difficult if not impossible on some bands. He sent this link which is the RSGBs response to Ofcom. Link Here LUXORION "The HAM spirit by LX4SKY" = suggested by Sid Smith (M0SRS)
- American Radio History = John G0XBJ has kindly forwarded a link which may be of interest to members
- RF Interference from the new Sky-Q Set Top Box - thanks to Sid (M0SRS) for this link warning about interference problems with this TV reception box. Please read if you are thinking of upgrading to get Skys new 4k/UHD box.
- Sid (M0SRS) like many of us is plagued by local QRM, making operation difficult if not impossible on some bands. He sent this link which is the RSGBs response to Ofcom. Link Here. On a similar theme of interference Sid has found the following YouTube video. Link here.
- For information on the latest FunCube launch please read Nayif-1 launch date now confirmed